There are some cases that do need it. If a program is processing XML or
Large OBjects ( LOBs - document images, video, audio ) the memory use
baloons up pretty fast. If these are being used under CICS multiply by the
number of concurrent transactions. There is only so much that you can fit
below the bar so more data there means less of code. Channels and containers
in CICS are already above the bar and have to be shuffled around the bar
because COBOL can't address them where they are. In my opinion this
enhancement is more useful than the object oriented entensions they added I-
don't-know-when-because-I-have-yet-to-see-them-being-used.
Mohammad