On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:07:57 -0600, Eric Bielefeld <eric-ibmm...@wi.rr.com>
wrote:

>I just IPL'd z/OS 1.9 for the first time.  I've been waiting for about 35
minutes after the IPL messages stopped coming out for JES2 to issue a
message.  If I do a D A,L, it shows JES2 as running, and a bunch of tasks
starting, like they should be before JES2 is fully initialized.  I can't
really go back in the log to see if I have any messages.

>We are running on a z/800 with about 350 MIPS.  Most of the time, our DB2
lpar is running flat out, and the other production Lpar is taking a few
cycles.  The 1.9 lpar is weighted at 10%, and allows only 1 of the 2
processors to be used.  Could it just take that long for it to come up?

>According to RMF Mon 3, my lpar is taking 1.4% of CPU steadily.  Early in
the IPL, it had as much as 10% for a 100 second interval.

>Any thoughts?

$S - or S JES2,PARM='WARM,NOREQ' or reply WARM,NOREQ to the
startup prompt or put the parm in the PROC.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com