On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 03:21:23 +0000, Linda Mooney wrote:

>Hi Eric,
>
>I haven't done 1.9 yet, but at 1.4 to 1.7, I discovered that the size of my
checkpoint was too small.  One very short green message that went flying by
and JES2 would not finish initializing.  My symtoms were the same as yours,
and I didn't have any WTOR either.  Having 2 checkpoints didn't help, they
each had to be big enough to do the job.

In my experience, the JES checkpoint size issue stops the IPL until you
respond. At a minimum, you'd have an outstanding message to reply to.

I was going to suggest possibly a couple dataset problem (I came across
those because of size issues), but that also stops the IPL until you respond
and should produce a message to respond to.

I'd review your LINKLIST and APFLIST definitions and make sure they're
proper. JES is not liking something.

Why did you swap spool and checkpoints ??? I used the 1.7 versions and can
roll forward and back pretty quickly. I even did a warm start of JES the first
time up.