-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Eric Bielefeld
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 2:03 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: First z/OS 1.9 IPL Problem

I finally figured out the answer to why I wasn't getting any messages
out at IPL time for my newly built 1.9 system.  Thanks to all who
replied.  The one suggestion that made the biggest difference was to
shut off the console and use the hardware console.  After I issued a D
R,L command from the hardware console, it showed the Enter JES2
parameters message.  I replied, and JES2 came up.  I'm not sure quite
why I never saw that message before, but doing a D R,L from the hardware
console worked.

Furthur investigation showed that I had ROUTCODE(NONE) set up for the
console I was using.  I changed that to ALL, and now all of my messages
come out fine on the proper console.  DUMB!  Oh well.  There are
problems indicated by messages I have seen in the console, but I have
VTAM up and TSO is started, so when I get my VISTA session configured
properly, I can log on to TSO and figure out all of the errors.

<SNIPAGE>

Glad you found it. Some of these problems can make you crazy.

Regards,
Steve Thompson