John

Putting flesh on Ted's bare bone, here is a sample way to define TSO in the
VTAM of the last - as Ted mentioned - decade and more:

         VBUILD TYPE=APPL
xxTSO    APPL  ACBNAME=TSO,         interpreted and uninterpreted name *
               AUTH=(TSO,PASS),                             TSO + PASS *
               EAS=1,                  generally one session at a time *
               FASTPASS=YES,                      efficient PASS logic *
               REGISTER=CDSERVR             register LU with CD server
xxTSO??? APPL  ACBNAME=TSO0???,     interpreted and uninterpreted name *
               AUTH=(TSO,NVPACE),        TSO + prevent outbound pacing *
               EAS=1,                                      one session *
               LOSTERM=SECOND,        end session on second VARY INACT *
               MAXPVT=0,              no limit on PIUs pending RECEIVE *
               MODSRCH=FIRST,     required model search option for TSO *
               REGISTER=NO,                         do not register LU *
               VPACING=0                        prevent inbound pacing

In addition to showing how to define the TSO-user-supporting sessions by
means of a model APPL statement, I believe all relevant operands for TSO
applications are shown with generally suitable values.

An exception to "generally" is MODSRCH=FIRST which is absolutely required -
yes, I have a scar to remind me!. Indeed it's a shame that the VTAM
developers weren't clever enough to make it the default when a model APPL
statement is used and AUTH=TSO is specified.

Chris Mason

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:37:18 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>>F TSO,USERMAX=500 (for example)
>
>>It will change the amount.  But you need to change the VTAM number of
entries to correspond with the increase.