Vince Smith wrote:
I am getting a XML CODE of 001 on a COBOL XML Parse statement. Can someone point me to the manuals that list all of the error codes that can be generated from the COBOL XML Parse statement?

Thanks.

Vince

Appendix D of the COBOL Programmer's Guide has the list.
XML PARSE found an invalid character.

Go to:
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IGY3PG40/CCONTENTS?SHELF=EZ2ZS20L&DN=SC23-8529-00&DT=20071214180654

for Bookmanager and PDF versions or here:

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/bkserv/zswpdf/

for PDF versions; look for Enterprise COBOL

<ad>
Our two-day course "Enterprise COBOL Update II: Unicode and XML Support"
covers all the idiosyncracies of using COBOL to parse and generate XML
data. The nine labs comprise a case study of parsing an XML transaction
into a classic record, passing this to an existing transaction handler,
and generating XML from the transaction handler response.

Look at:
http://www.trainersfriend.com/COBOL_Courses/d705descr.htm

</ad>

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==