>> The IBM code fixed by PTF UK42299 is linked into and thus distributed
>>with the ISV product.

>Thanks Jim. I figured that was the answer, but wasn't sure based on reading
>the APAR and my lack of knowledge in this area and knowing that LE fixes
>are generally just "run time".

>I know you don't do LE, but under "RECOMMENDATION:" in the APAR it
>should say something like: "Install the PTF for APAR PK76106 and relink
>the application.".

Actually, I found the text of the Beta flash rather confusing, so I called
someone in Beta (not the hotline) and was told:

1. Beta Systems found it very hard to get IBM to acknowledge that the bug was
in that EDCXSTRT lmod.
:-)

2. As Jim already indicated, they need to relink their applications with that
lmod to pick up the fix and distribute that. (As an aside, let's hope they
catch all of them - I had a case where they didn't know where they used a
csect, to the effect that I hit the same bug in three different areas, one
after the other. Got five fixes in all. In another case they gave me a ptf for
a product based on another ptf in the BSA which of course did not have any
SMP/E dependency.) Also, I was told that the first fixes (for BSA and Beta92)
will be available at the beginning of next week. Check their website/hotline.

3. Beta Systems said that they have been using C (or C+ or C++ or something)
for *years* *without* the need for LE. And I thought *that* was only available
as MetalC starting with 1.10.

Best regards, Barbara Nitz

http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger