From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Denis Gäbler
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:13 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: How to redirect IMS MFS (3270P/SCS1) printers to File?

 Hi List,

I am posting this question here, because I think it is more VTAM related than
it has anything to do with IMS.

I was wondering if there is a way to redirect IMS MFS (3270P/SCS1) printers to
a file or spool without loosing the formatting?

There is a connection between the SNA node and an IMS LTERM but I don't have
good enough knowledge to have an insight about the details, now I was wondering
if there is a way to tell Communication Server that an SNA node (or PTERM) is
to be redirected, e.g. to JES SPOOL or to a file, or are there any tools on the
market which allow to redirect output for an MFS Printer to a PDF or file?

Thanks in advance.
Denis.