I have a problem.

In my environment, i have same volser per tape a disk. When I submit a
job, during the allocation of unit, I have this message:

Statement JCL of JOB

//SYSSSS    DD   DSN=SYSG.ACS.BACV.SSIGB2R0.DMSC.S2009016.T235759,

//    DISP=SHR,UNIT=3490,VOL=SER=BT0292

MSG in SYSUOT

IEF245I SO433H STEP6 SYSSSS - INCONSISTENT UNIT NAME AND VOLUME SERIAL

Note that BT0292 is the volser of a tape and of a disk SMS.

I have an environment with ZOS 1.6 and 1.8.

Is possible to resolve the problem, without delete the volser tape
BT0292 or the disk with the same volser???

Bye

Michele Gionfriddo
Sogei - Via M.Carucci n.99 - Roma
Sistemi Centrali - Gruppo SB