From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Lester, Bob
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:35 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: SMS and System Temporary Datasets

Hi Folks,

   I've got a product (CA-Allocate) that allows dynamic increasing of
the allocation of System Temporary datasets.  This current state.

   As I move to SMS, I see that only a STORCLAS is assigned for these.
If I understand correctly, this means that the space coded in the JCL is
what you get.

   My options seem to be: 1) plow thru all System Temporary allocations
being increased by CA-Allocate and update the JCL, or 2) Leave System
Temporary datasets non-SMS.

   Am I on the right track?  Do most of y'all make System Temporary dsns
SMS-managed?

Thanks!
BobL

------
This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or
disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds
may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the
content of all email communications.
======

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html