Sorry, I mean that in the properties file I coded
Audit.metadata.file.size = 8192 (8MB).  At which time it will roll over
to a new filename and start over.  The only downfall of the current
setup is that when the rollover file reaches max size, it reverts back
to the original.  Too bad they didn't set this up to just rename with a
date, and start fresh.

Regarding your observations about one home per instance, that is
correct, there is not much to share that is not updated.  One thing we
did that is different than documented, is that we put up another
separate copy of JAVA. Since EKM code is delivered with JAVA, in the
JAVA filesystem, we wanted additional stability of only updating EKM
when we chose too, and not when another PTF reloaded JAVA.  Between
that, and the fact that EKM requires customization in the SMPE
controlled JAVA filesystem, I didn't want to go mucking about in SMPE
controlled area's.  So, once *could* mount the EKM instance of JAVA READ
only or Shared, and then have a separate home for the configuration, and
logs.

Regarding your comments about no need for one config file per ekm
instance that is incorrect, *assuming* you have more than one EKM server
for redundancy purposes.  There are settings in the config file that
define how each instance talks to the other via tcpip.

Dave

Dave Jousma
Assistant Vice President, Mainframe Services
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB1G
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.8497