This sounds like a problem we had while trying to send a PGPed
file to a bank. The banks server didn't understand what I think was a
window or windowing instruction (nothing to do with GUI). We tried a
different client and all was good. No SSL involved. Won't a trace help?

EdP

Hal Merritt <hmerr...@jackhenry.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
01/21/2009 12:11 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: FTP SSL with large file transfer

It's the same server under z/os, but typically one of any number of client
software. I'd focus on the client software and the network appliances. A
transfer that just stops for no reason is often a firewall configuration
issue.
Firewalls typically say nothing (the 'black hole' behavior) or spoof
normal completion signals making each end think the other has asked for a
graceful close.