Hi Group! I need to implement GCL for two LPARS in a Sysplex on a single
footprint z9.

The two LPARs are Production (P) and TEST (T). The P LPAR should always be
able to use spare capacity from the T LPAR but not vice versa.

>From my research, I can achieve this by soft-capping the T LPAR at its normal
MSU capcaity, let the P system run uncapped (soft) and cap the group at the
total MSU rating.

Questions
1) Is my understanding correct?
2) Do I have to also active IRD in order for it to adjust the LPAR weights when
P LPAR can get spare capacity?
3) Will WLM not steal capacity from P LPAR when T LPAR high importance
workload is struggling to achieve its targets?
4) Will the soft-capping of T LPAR prevent this when it is running at high
usage?

Regards