One suggestion is to make sure that housekeeping commands are issued *only*
on the busiest member of the MAS. He's the one most likely to want the
checkpoint frequently, hence the most likely to complain if it's busy.

Another suggestion is to isolate JESCKPT1 on its own volume to minimize
RESERVE/RELEASE contention.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

             "Richards, Robert
             B."
             <Robert.Richards@                                          To
             OPM.GOV>                  IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
             Sent by: IBM                                               cc
             Mainframe
             Discussion List                                       Subject
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua         Re: $P JOBQ Question
             .edu>

             01/23/2009 09:52
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua
                   .edu>

Mark,

All of your serious suggestions are already in effect. Thanks!

Bob

>Before I go off and read a lot of pages in JES2 manuals, is there a
>better way to do the following such that it does not tie up the
>checkpoint for so long?
>
>$P JOBQ,Q=PPU,DAYS>7,PROTECTED

$P JOBQ,Q=PPU,DAYS>2,PROTECTED

  (wait)

$P JOBQ,Q=PPU,DAYS>4,PROTECTED

  (wait)

$P JOBQ,Q=PPU,DAYS>7,PROTECTED

:-)

Seriously.... if you do that same command on a daily basis,
I don't think there is any way to speed it up.  Just try to schedule
it at the time there is the least impact and if it is a shared spool
also from a system that has capacity.   Hopefully JES2 runs
in SYSSTC.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden