I'm having trouble understanding why an IPL'ed system's sysres and USS files
are being used for cloning.  I've always used a "staging" concept wherein
the SMP/E target sysres and USS file(s) for each running z/OS release are *
never* IPLed.   This relieves a lot of issues and provides a "base", if you
will, for all maintenance and cloning.    What is perceived as disadvantages
to using this type of "staged clone" process?   I've never had any issues
with it but I may just have been lucky.  TIA

Guy Gardoit
z/OS Systems Programming