Ah, I just learned that someone in the group has the z1.9 collection on cd in
book mgr format.
Id like to put these into an HFS file and use a browser for reading them. Aside
from using ftp to copy to an HFS file is there other set steps involved? Thanks
Matt

>>> Leo Smith <ljsm...@us.ibm.com> 1/29/2009 9:50 AM >>>
|I found this site that has the z1.9 collection in PDF format, but they are
all separate down loads. Is there a site where they all be down loaded with
a single | |  |click? Thanks Matt

|http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r9/index.jsp

Hey Matt,

There's no ftp site available for the z/OS PDFs.  However, you have several
options for downloading.
the PDFs.

One is the way you mentioned, downloading one-by-one off the z/OS PDF pages
at:

http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/bkserv/r9pdf/

Another way would be to use Softcopy Librarian which is available at:

http://www.ibm.com/software/applications/office/bkmgr/librarian.html:

A third way would be to use a Web crawler on the PDF page you're interested
in.  For example,
I've used HTTrack to copy entire BookManager books.  For your purpose, you
would just point
HTTrack at the PDF page you're interested in and it should download all of
the PDFs on the page.
True, it will also download stuff you don't want, like links to HTML pages
and graphics, but you can set an exclusion
list for HTTrack that will exclude any file extension you're not interested
in (like HTML pages).  You
can find HTTrack at:

http://www.httrack.com/page/2/en/index.html

Lastly, you could choose not to download at all and get the CD or DVD
containing the z/OS elements
and features pubs.  For z/OS V1R9, the order number for the CD is
SK3T-4269-20 and for the DVD,
it's SK3T-4271-20.

If it was me doing this, I'd try HTTrack.

Hope this helps.

Leo