On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 08:10:12 -0500, Chauhan, Jasbir
<jasbir.chau...@fiserv.com> wrote:

>One of my clients is running a DB2 application on an iSeries system (not
>sure about the version).  Their goal is to send us DB2 application data
>in the form of a flat file that can then be loaded to a non-DB2
>application on our z/OS system (1.9). Is there a third party product or
>a utility they can use to accomplish this?
>
>Regards,
>
>Jasbir Chauhan

I am a novice, just starting to learn about the "i" because we are looking
at converting from z/OS to the "i". In any case, the DB2 system on the "i"
is integrated into the system directly. The data in the DB2 system is kept
in what is called a PF (or Physical File). From my reading, you should be
able to directly ftp this file from the "i" to the "z" in BINary mode. The
output file on the "z" should be allocated with an LRECL equal to the record
length on the "i" and an RECFM of FB.

IOW - I don't think you need to copy it to a sequential file because a PF
file on the "i" is very much like a VSAM ESDS (or maybe an RRDS) on the "z",
but with SQL interfaces available. It should be directly FTP'able as is.

You might want to ask this question on the iSeries technical forum.

mailto:lists...@midrange.com

subscribe midrange-l Chauhan, Jasbir

--
John