On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:29:52 -0600, Linda Hagedorn wrote:

>I need to know which of these sentences is true:
>
>  The order the datasets were typed into PROGxx is the
>  order the libraries will be searched,   and the order they
>  were typed can be relied upon.
>  - or -
>  LLA will determine which modules will provide the best
>  performance for fetch and therefore, LLA could chose any
>  library out of the typed (in PROGxx) sequence order. The
>  order the datasets were type into PROGxx cannot be relied
>  upon for search sequence.

LNKLST is a concatenation and is searched like any other concatenation, from
top to bottom until the member is found.  The first member found is the one
that is used.

LNKLST is normally defined by SETPROG ADD statements in PROGxx.  The default
for SETPROG ADD is ATBOTTOM and if you use that for each data set, the
LNKLST data sets will be defined in the order that your SETPROG ADD
statements are encountered.  Remember that you can have multiple PROGxx
members adding to the LNKLST concatenation and you can order the data sets
in other ways if you choose.

In addition, you can create a new LNKLST set and insert data sets wherever
you like using the SETRROG or SET PROG command.  When the new LNKLST set is
activated, new jobs will use the new LNKLST set.  This is documented in the
Init and Tuning Giude, Init and Tuning Reference and System Commands manuals.

--
Tom Marchant