>The point I am trying to make is that you should not think that your limited
>experience is applicable to all environments.

I've been working, supporting DB2 since it first came out.
1982? 1983?
And, I've been supporting CICS, IMS, IDMS, M204, and others since before that.
Albeit, more from a performance/capacity perspective.

We have found ways, in our limited experience, to handle the performance, and
maintenance, need for many sub-systems, with multiple sharing groups,
data-propagator, DDF, CICS & IMS communicating with DB2.
We even used the parallel edition, SQL/DS, DB2/, DB2/6000, and others.

If that's limited experience, so be it.

>You recently made some rather vitriolic statements about Ed, and I, for one,
>find some of your statements far less useful than his.

If you're going to get into personalities over a difference of opinion, fine go
to it!
But, I've already blown my wad for this calendar year.
And, not to get deffensive, my response to Ed was due to an inappropriate
personal attack.
Stronger than yours, but still an affront.

Disagreeing with an opinion on maintenance practices, is no need for an ad
hominum response!

Your words are unimportant, and I do not hear them.
-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!