From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Maria Brown
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: REXX and SDSF

I am using ISFEXEC to issue a MVS console command and using the ISFULOG stem
variable to retrieve the command responses.  My problem is sometimes the
stem variable contains the command responses and other times it does not. I
also specify the WAIT option to ensure the command responses are available
in the stem variable.  What am I missing to ensure the stem variable will
always contain the command responses?

rc=isfcalls('ON')

    ISFDelay = 3

    cmd1 = '/d tcpip,'||procname||',n,vdpt'

    Address SDSF "ISFEXEC '"cmd1"' (WAIT"

   do i=1 to isfulog.0
      lines.x = isfulog.i
     "ALLOC F(INDD) da("dsnname")"
     "execio * DISKW indd (STEM LINES. FINIS"
     "Free File(indd)"