Dave Salt wrote:
I'm trying to help someone create a process that will automatically submit
several jobs at a time. For example, it might submit 20 jobs right after each
other, with only a fraction of a second between each job. It's very important
that the jobs execute in the same sequence in which they were submitted. For
example, if the automated process submits jobs AAA, BBB and CCC, then job AAA
must finish executing before job BBB begins to execute (and so on).

This is easy with JES3; difficult nee impossible with JES2. If the environment is JES2, I suggest you have the last step of each job submit the next one.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc