On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:38:33 -0500, Gary DiPillo
<gdipi...@axiosproducts.com> wrote:

>John,
>
>The P command should do it.
>
>On my system, the D A,L command shows that the server is called
>FTPSERVE, so I use P FTPSERVE to shut it down.  S FTPSERVE (the
>name of my FTP Server proc) starts it again.

A side comment (since the original issue has gone away).

The case mentioned above is a special case for 8-character proc
names.   For cases like the original poster's where the proc name is
shorter than 8 characters the original program running under proc
abcd will start another address space named abcd1 and terminate.
Therefore, to stop the server you have to issue P abcd1.

The OP's example of FTPD / FTPD1 is correct.

Pat O'Keefe