Jerry Fuchs wrote:
A posting from the DB2 list server was forward to me that mentioned a REUSEASID=YES specification introduced in z/OS 1.9.

There is no mention of this in the Initialization and Tuning Guide.
The only thing that I have been able to find is an Omegamon APAR that states that REUSEASID=YES is specified in DIAGxx so I am assuming that REUSEASID=YES is valid.

Is anybody using this and why?

These are the activation parameters for the ASN reuse architecture. Without this architecture, you can "lose" address space IDs for service providers with space-switching PCs. (See RSVxxxx parameters in IEASYSxx.) If you run out, you'll need to IPL.

You specify ReusAsid(YES) in DIAGxx to activate the support and REUSASID=YES on the START command for the service provider started task.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc