On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:24:09 +0530, Yogeetha balasubramanian
<sairamyog...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>
>There is ACF2 ENQ problem in our system and we have a system outage.
>
>The ACF2 ENQ has been occurring intermittently since the z/OS 1.7 upgrade;
>the first occurring approx 2 weeks after the upgrade, the next about 6 weeks
>later, and a third occurrence after a further few weeks. This latest flurry
>of problems commenced on Monday morning, with the most recent occurring
>after the application of the recommended maintenance from CA.
>
>The environment is a Z/OS 1.7 system. Running ACF2 in a shared Lpar setup,
>is a JES3 system and configured for Global Local. We also experienced an SMF
>termination from an enq problem on Sunday just prior to the recent ACF2
>issue
>
>I would be of great help if someone could offer me suggestions / comments if
>you have faced this problem previously.

ENQ problem with what?  Was it with the ACF2 VSAM files?  ISTR a HIPER
coming across my email very recently that talked about that.

Did you open issues with ACF2 support for those outages and provide them
documentation, dumps etc.?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden