From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Schwarz, Barry A
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 12:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: 3270 emulator cost

As part of a replacement for a 12 year old system at a customer site in
Japan, we will be replacing PCs running Windows 95 and IBM's PCOMM 3270
emulator with new PCs running Vista (don't bother) and a PCOMM
replacement from IBM called Host Access Client Package.  This new
package comes with two pretty hefty price tags: approximately $1,000
purchase price per PC and approximately $250 per PC per year license
fees.