Martin,

I have a PLX program that I wrote to do this kind of thing last year.  That
program would not be of much use to you, so I've written you a short REXX
sample as follows:

/* REXX */
trace i
"ALLOC DD(ADMGDF) DS('GDDM.SADMGDF') SHR REUSE"
"ALLOC DD(ADMSYMBL) DS('GDDM.SADMSYM') SHR REUSE"
"ALLOC DD(TEMPGIF) DS(GIFLIB(ADMTEST)) SHR REUSE"
"CALL *(ADMUGIF) 'From(ADMTEST)" ,
  "To(TEMPGIF) Message(0)" ,
  "Backcol(0) Width(1024) Depth(1024)'"
"FREE DD(ADMGDF)"
"FREE DD(ADMSYMBL)"
"FREE DD(TEMPGIF)"

GIFLIB is RECFM=FB, LRECL=80

ADMTEST is the GDF name.  I've assumed that GDDM.SADMMOD is in the
LNKLST, JOBLIB, STEPLIB, or whatever.  The MESSAGE parm is documented in
APAR PQ30016.  We've recently had an abend with ADMUGIF for which there is
an APAR - I don't have its number to hand.

Phil King, Rocket Software UK Ltd, Warwick, England