First,
The CDS, OCDS, Journal backups will quiesce DFHSM during that time.  Go back
through SYSLOG and see when they start and stop.  It just might be normal
processing and you just need to wait until the backups of the CDS etal
complete.

How long do your backups take?  Are you waiting long enough for the backups
to completed?

You may need to open an issue with IBM on it if your backups are taking too
long.

Lizette

> Hello,
>
> Since last 2-3 days observing very strange behaviour of DFHSM. In the
> midnight DFHSM is not responding to any migration and recall request. Its
> started task DFHSM is not taking any CPU.
>
> But it was responding to all DFHSM QUERY commands. Tried cancelling ACTIVE
> REQUESTS using CANCEL USER and CANCEL DATASET  , CANCEL REQUEST
> commands.
> But not a single request got cancelled. But most of the waiting requests
> were cancelled.
>
> Finally we had to CANCEL the DFHSM started task and Restarted and then it
> started working fine.
>
> Also observed that this issue occurred when CDS backup process was
running.
> In the QUERY ACTIVE output could see that ARC0142I CDS BACKUP, CURRENTLY
IN