>Bad code is ubiquitous for a variety of familiar reasons, and I doubt that
>avoiding exits because they are often written badly and/or documented poorly
>would be helpful.

I agree, for many reasons.
Bad code abounds.
If we used Tony's strictures, then we would never write system of application
code.

The problem is code has to be written, so we have to live with it.

The other problem is, even well-written code has a problem if the writer's
successor doesn't understand the language, or the intent, of the code.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!