The abstract

Over the last decade IBM has quietly opened a world of virtualization
possibilities through changes in the System z instruction set and
advances in their chip technology. These changes have made possible x86
virtualization alternatives never imagined.

Find out how you can leverage System z to achieve x86 virtualization
goals faster and more cost effectively than you ever thought possible.

Learn how you can deploy and manage native x86 Windows(r) and Linux
images under z/VM. <--------------<<<

Gain an understanding of how you can simplify operations and more easily
reach virtualization and cost containment goals through:

JIT deployment of virtualized x86 OS images
Reductions in deployment costs
Simplified image and deployment maintenance
Reduced power and space requirements

Learn more about z/VOS, the system that makes this virtualization
alternative possible. Gain first-hand knowledge of:

How the technology works
the meaning of Single Pass Virtualization (SPV)
x86 network, file system and GUI considerations
z/VM service machine considerations
Guest x86 machine IPL, clone, checkpoint capabilities
z/VOS administration

Dennis Roach
GHG Corporation
Lockheed Martin Mission Services
Flight Design and Operations Contract
Address:
   2100 Space Park Drive
   LM-15-4BH
   Houston, Texas 77058
Mail:
   P.O. Box 58487
   Mail Code H4C
   Houston, Texas 77258
Phone:
   Voice:  (281)336-5027
   Cell:   (713)591-1059
   Fax:    (281)336-5410
E-Mail:  dennis.ro...@lmco.com

All opinions expressed by me are mine and may not agree with my employer
or any person, company, or thing, living or dead, on or near this or any
other planet, moon, asteroid, or other spatial object, natural or
manufactured, since the beginning of time.