Mark Zelden wrote:
>From the ISPF User Guide Vol II, this is the official support statement:

2.1.2 Terminal characteristics

  1.  ISPF supports screen sizes from 24 x 80 characters to 62 x 160 characters.

That's not an official support statement. That's just simply doc that never got updated. I have an RCF open for this:

<RCF>
In ISPF User's Guide Volume II, under Screen Format there are two errors:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ispzu270/2.1.2

1. It says that "Std" keeps your screen at 24x80. This is wrong. I'm presently running my emulator session with 90x80 default (primary) screen size and 92x142 alternate screen size. The "Std" setting forces me to the default (primary) size of 90x80. There is no 24-rows limit with "Std".

2. It says "ISPF supports screen sizes from 24 x 80 characters to 62 x 160 characters." The upper limit of 62x160 was removed in z/OS 1.9 ISPF.
</RCF>

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc