What about the other 'stuff' that is in the root I.E. JAVA 1.3? If I start
with a new root I will loose that.

Jerry

Mark Zelden <mark.zel...@zurichna.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
03/11/2009 01:23 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: z/OS 1.9 installation ROOT ETC and VAR

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:04:41 -0400, Jerry Fuchs
<jerry.fu...@wendysarbys.com> wrote:

>I am on z/OS 1.7 installing z/OS 1.9. I created a new ROOT file by
copying
>my existing production ROOT file.

<snip>

Eh?   You should be restoring a new root file as part of ServerPac, not
copying your existing one.   The HLQ is your SSA and it will get
mounted at the service directory you specified in your variables
prior to running installation jobs.  Of course that mount point needs
to exist or be created.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden