Look at McKinney software's LISTCAT Plus.
It is not free but it is cheap!

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Ward, Mike S
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:42 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: VSAM files

Hello all, I'm looking for a free utility that could read a vsam listcat
and possibly display the names of the vsam files that might have
problems performance wise. Something that would look at CI/CA splits,
total extents, excps vs reads/writes inserts. We have hundreds of vsam
files and I don't want to look at each and every one of them. Any help
appreciated.

Thanks
==========================
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system. If you are not the intended recipient
action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.