Like many 'mature' shops, we put TSO logon procs into their own separate
proclib. You whipper snappers wouldn't understand what a performance
benefit that used to provide. ;;)

Years ago we converted that library to a PDSE to protect it from multiple
updates. The proclib is defined only to JES, not in MSTJCL. No problems.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
jo.skip.robin...@sce.com

             "Barrett, Dennis"
             <dbarr...@laclede
             GAS.COM>                                                   To
             Sent by: IBM              IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
             Mainframe                                                  cc
             Discussion List
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua                                     Subject
             .edu>                     PDS(E) usage for proclibs

             03/18/2009 09:25
             AM

             Please respond to
               IBM Mainframe
              Discussion List
             <ibm-m...@bama.ua
                   .edu>

I understand that all of the proclibs specified in my master JCL must be
type=pds and not pdse.
But, are there any issues with using pdse libs for proclibs that are
allocated to JES2 for use by batch?
I assume that started tasks and started jobs are not allowed to use pdse
proclibs, or am I mistaken about that?

Thanks,
Denny