------------------------------------------------<snip>---------------------------------------
There is also another side issue I have experienced myself. in the it is extremely common to search proclib for a dest=xxxx (for production and non production) chances are with your way moving it to parmlib type dataset this scan will miss the destination you are looking for.
Putting the DEST= information in the proc is fine for 3-4 destinations. When it gets to several thousand, your procs get to be rather large, and size, in my experience, leads to confusion and errors. Not to mention various limits that might be imposed by z/OS or JES2/JES3.

PDS8.x, STARTOOL or my freebee PDSSCAN utility from the CBTTAPE sight can be used to find references to parmlibs or proclibs, or members therein, to help find all the references when changes are made. There are also other tools, I'm sure, that will also accomplish the same tasks.

--
Rick