As far as I know is &SYSNAME. = SMFID, &SYSCLONE. = first two bytes of
SMFID.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] Im Auftrag
von larry macioce
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. März 2009 16:49
An: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Betreff: Re: Where are the system symbols??

Thank you for the quick response, but I am confused. When you say "set up by
the system" how does the system know what to define.The reason I am asking
is I want to create a maint pack(I've asked about this here) and was asked
if we used symbolics(for ipl purposes) ,to which I replied we do.
I thought we did by looking at my prog member and saw &sysr1 the the vol
field.
Now I am really confused. How do I id if we are using symbolics?
thanks
Larry

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Dietmar Ley
<diet...@ley-apensen.com>wrote:

> Symbols like &SYSCLONE., &SYSNAME. etc. need no explicit definition,
> because
> they are set by the system. All symbols can be displayed by "D SYMBOLS"
> cmd.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Dietmar

so