>If it said "Number of blocked units being promoted during the interval."
>You would have a point, but since it states "dispatchable units" it removes
>the ambiguity.

Maybe for people with English as a first language.
It would probably read better as jobs/tasks/Units of Work.
But, 'unit' is an over-used term in IBM-Speak.

Rather than dunning somebody for 'being confused', we should be dunning the
author for incomplete staff work.

Remember, the purpose of clear communication is not to ensure you're understood.
Rather, it's to ensure you're not mis-understood.

Whenever I communicate something and the listener/reader claims
mis-understanding, I don't condemn them.
I attempt to clarify -- and, I KNOW I don't always succeed.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!