I'm not sure about mounting an ISO as a subdirectory, but there are a
variety of programs that will allow you to mount ISO files as virtual
drives on a Windows machine.  And if I'm remembering properly, Mac OS will
automatically mount an ISO file as a virtual drive.
---
Kevin McKenzie

External Phone: 845-435-8282, Tie-line: 8-295-8282
z/OS BCP SVT, Dept FXKA, Bldg 706/2D38

John McKown <joa...@swbell.net>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
04/01/2009 12:47 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: Documentation Delivered as ISO files

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:32:13 -0700, Craig Bakken <craig.bak...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Now that we are using electronic delivery for all of our maintenance a
lot of
>documentation is coming on files with a ISO file extension.  I am
wondering
how
>other sites are handling these files?

Personally, since I use Linux, I simply do a "loop" mount of the ISO file.
Something like:

sudo mount file.with.doc.iso /mnt -oro,loop

I can then look in the /mnt subdirectory for the documentation. If I need
get this on a Windows platform, then I use "zip" to zip the /mnt
subdirectory to a file and ftp it to my mainframe, then back down to the
Windows server (my Linux box is not use any Windows shares to do a direct
transfer).

Otherwise, get a DVD burner and software, and burn the ISO to a physical
CD
or DVD and use that on your Windows machine. I don't know of any way to
mount an ISO file as a subdirectory in Windows.

--
John