Victor,

I don't know.  I haven't tried that myself.  I was just quoting a line from the
JCL Reference verbatim that says &SYSUID is the only system symbol you can use
in JCL.
I haven't  used ASASYMBM.   I looked it up.  I suspect that what you are
passing to ASASYMBM is just the parameter string as you see it, and ASASYMBM
itself is resolving the values rather than the JCL.

--Roger

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 04/09/2009
08:43:02 AM:

> Roger,
>
> Does this restriction also include the PARM?
>
> I have no problems passing the below string to a program that calls ASASYMBM
> to get substitutied values:
>
> // PARM='&SYSPLEX &SYSNAME &SYSNAME(1) &SYSCLONE &HHMMSS'
>
> Thanks!
> -Victor-
>
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 11:38:32 -0600, Roger Bolan
> <roger.bo...@infoprint.com> wrote:
>
> >The short answer, from the JCL Reference, says this:
> >      You cannot use system symbolsexcept for &SYSUID, in batch JCL.

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information
included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank
you."