On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:14:15 -0400, Lizette Koehler
<stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I am having a discussion with a coworker about whether or not we need to
run IEFU29.  We have OPS/MVS in house.  I say that we do not need IEFU29
because OPS/MVS can trap on the IEE388I SMF NOW RECORDING ON VOLSER DCSMF3,
DSN=SYS1.SPG7.MAN3 TIME=10.30.00 message, display the man files at that
point and the issue the Dump command for the correct MAN file.

>My coworker says we have to run the IEFU29 exit to do this.
>
>I know we could put the IEFU29 in place, but I think the less exits to
maintain the better.

>Any thoughts?
>
>Lizette

We did exactly as you propose to do. We removed our IEFU29 exit, replacing
it with a CA-OPS/MVS II rule. However, we trap IEE391A as that shows the DSN
which just filled up and needs dumping. The IEE388I message shows the NEW
DSN which is now in use. You don't want to try to dump that one.

--
John