R.S. wrote:
> By the way: is there any procedure to defrag HFS/ZFS ?
> I mean some process similar to PDS compress or KSDS reorg.
> Is there any need to do it?
> How to measure it?
>
> Further explanation: I'm not talking about defragmentation o f volume
> containing HFS dataset, rather about defragmentation of the dataset
> content.

AFAIK there is no way to reorganize the contents of a HFS/ZFS filing
system. The only method I know of is to allocate a new dataset, copy the
contents to the new dataset(using the pax command) and then the rename
shuffle.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

"The avalanche has already started.  It is too late for
the pebbles to vote."
-- Kosh, "Babylon 5"