I'm looking for some tuning recommendations when using SYNCSORT.  We
have been noticing some of our jobs running longer.  We also noticed that on
our SORTWORKS that we are doing alot of Dynamic Allocations on top of what
we are preallocating.  I was told that this Dynamic Allocation could add
processing time to the job and that we should "right size" our preallocations.
heard that that there are some parms VSCORE and VSCORET that could be
used to help, but I also saw that someone recommended not coding
SORTWORK DDs in the JCL?  Can anyone shed some light on this for me?  I
going to do some digging on the VSCORE and VSCORET parms, but if someone
can give me a breif description of what they do and any "Best Practices" when
it comes to SYNCSORT I would appreciate it.

TIA