Thanks Steve, that's what I was hoping to here.

Larry Brown

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Thompson, Steve
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 8:25 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Mass Updates to JOB Cards for Account Code Changes

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Brown, Larry - St. Louis, MO
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 7:56 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

We have been tasked to update the account codes for all our production
and development jobs.  Endevor is used for configuration management.
Have not talked to our configuration (Endevor) person yet, but she is
fairly new to Endevor, so may not be able to help a lot.  Also, I don't
have access to Endevor manuals - yet.  So, I am assuming (hoping) we can
check out jobs en mass from Endevor some how with a batch job.  And then
come up with with something (REXX EXEC maybe) to change the job cards to
reflect the correct account code.  Then run another batch job to return
the jobs to Endevor.  I'm not an Endevor user, so sorry for not knowing
the proper terms for 'checking out', and 'returning'.  Anyway, does this
sound doable?  I know folks have done mass updates to JCL, but not sure
about having to work with Endevor.  I've done mass updates on VM/CMS
files in the past, not MVS though.  Checked the archives for Mass
Updates, Endevor and Account Code, but didn't see anything helpful right
away.

<SNIP>

We use Endevor here. We run it in the "penalty box" (low powered CEC),
we use batch processing rather than online (thru TSO). So, yes, you can
check out all the members you want (JCL, MACRO, etc.) in a batch run.
You can then update them however you like, and then via batch check them
all back in and depending on how things are done, promote them from the
initial "stage" to the production "stage".

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- Opinions expressed by this poster may not reflect those of poster's
employer. --