On 23 Apr 2009 13:35:12 -0700, eamacn...@yahoo.ca (Ted MacNEIL) wrote:

>I find the weak programmers are the ones to use strange (and often
>misunderstood) tricks, or as we used to call it 'spaghetti code'.
>
>Writing hard to maintain code is produced by poor programmers, not strong ones.

I once worked in a shop that used to be RPG-II only.   In order to do
some necessary things, some smart programmers wrote some
hard-to-maintain code using tricks.    Once they got a CoBOL compiler,
that wasn't needed anymore.

With that exception, I strongly agree with you that the best
programmers created the easiest to maintain code.