From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Using FTP to send loadlib

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:09:50 -0500, Mark Zelden <mark.zel...@zurichna.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:31:41 -0700, Kurt Eastwood <kurtms...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have been digging through the OS/390 TCP/IP OE: User's Guide and have not
>been able to get this to work.
>>
>>Is it possible to send a loadlib from 1 mainframe to another mainframe
>using FTP, either batch or interactive?
>>

>Yes, since for 10 releases (since OS/390 2.10).
>
>See IP User's Guide:
>
>Section 4.2.5 Load module transfer with FTP
>http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/F1A1B970/4.2.5?SHELF=F1A1BK91&DT=20070530175427

So after reading other responses, I see I probably mistook "loadlib" for
"load module".

If you can FTP into an existing library, see what I wrote above, otherwise
you'll have to unload / backup the library first, FTP it, and then
reassemble it again on the other side as others have suggested.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com