From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu]on Behalf
Of Gary Green
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Possible new SYSTEM symbols in JCL.

John,

Not certain if this helps but I have some Rexx code which I execute in
batch.  This particular Rexx will take input file(s) and process each line
from each input file and resolve any symbolics it finds and then passes the
input line to a specific output DD name.  I use the standard system
symbolics and a few of my own.

The output file is then passed down to another step in the job which never
knows where the SYSIN control cards came from.

Works like a champ.

Perhaps you could put something together like this?  I would offer to pass
it along but I would need permission first. (new employer)

Gary Green
Never use a 2x4 when a 2x6 will do just as well!