We are running a monplex 2 lpar environment, with a few shared DASD volumes for
system folks, GRS=NONE is configured on both lpars. One lpar running zos1.7 and
one running zos1.9. There are 3 HFS files that are shared between the 2 lpars
on the volumes that are online to both system, this configuration was set up by
someone no longer here.

We tested z1.9 in both lpars this past weekend, when we ipl'd the 2nd lpar with
z1.9 we noticed the msg below popped up on the other lpar. I have read
chapter-9 on file sharing in the USS planning guide and found most if not all
info about file sharing was sysplex related unless I missed something, is our
current set up invalid for file sharing? Thanks Matt

*IGW027E HFS SYS1.OMVS.SHARED.CICSTS 094
  SYNC WRITE-PROTECT ERROR. RC=00000024 RSN=5B26000D
 IGW020I HFS WRITE-PROTECT ERROR DETECTED 095
 DATA SET: SYS1.OMVS.SHARED.DB2
 HAS BEEN MOUNTED R/W ON ANOTHER SYSTEM: MVS1
 DATE/TIME: 03/14/2009 19:33:58.627724
 THE EXPECTED CONTROL INFORMATION IS: MVS1
 DATE/TIME: 03/08/2009 03:18:21.428000
 FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS ARE DISABLED UNTIL UNMOUNT AND MOUNT

Matt Dazzo
Sr. MVS Systems Admin
Publishers Clearing House
516-944-4816