Bruno,
Thank you for your response.

Per your suggestion, I tried the following command with these results:

ANR2017I Administrator DOB issued command: DEFINE CLIENTACTION LSSB1
action=incremental

ANR2017I Administrator DOB issued command: DEFINE SCHEDULE NEWDOMAIN @1
ACTION=incremental PRIORITY=1 PERUNITS=ONETIME DURATION=5 DURUNITS=DAYS

ANR2017I Administrator DOB issued command: DEFINE ASSOCIATION NEWDOMAIN @1
LSSB1

If I read the manual correctly TSM will backup every object in need of a backup
in Node LSSB1 during the next incremental backup.   But is this enough to
recover at DR?

Dave O'Brien
NIH Contractor
<obrie...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:

>2 questions, I've been floundering in the manuals for several hours.
>We now have FCP attached Sata disk containing Linux data.
>No, I do not have TSM Administrator GUI screens available.
>
>Is it possible to issue a TSM command from a Mainframe server to backup a
client Linux node in its entirety?

>What is the command?

Without the books at hands, i would say yes with a Define clientaction
for example if your stc is called TSM :
F TSM, define clientaction with whatever parms you need ( imagebackup or
incremental or whatever)

Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr
http://zxnetconsult.free.fr