On Thu, 7 May 2009 10:02:55 -0700, Natarajan Mohan <nmo...@edfund.org> wrote:

>Mark,
>
>Softcopy librarian works for me, I was able to list and download updates as
well to my local disk. I doubt it is related to IP address or name.
>It could be your java runtime. Could you see what other errors it throws
before "null pointer exception" ?

Hi,

As you probably saw by now in a follow up post, it was a temporary glitch.
I didn't do anything (no re-boot) and it started working.  I had already
closed the program and restarted it several times before when it was failing.
There were no other error messages.

I do see a "Trace" option under settings, so if this happens again I'll try
and do that.   My first thought was the IP address changes because even
though all our internet access from browsers goes through a proxy, I recall
Softcopy Librarian not working when I manually specified the proxy server and
I ended up having to go to the firewall group to make changes when I started
using it some years ago.  I'm glad I didn't have to do that this time because
that group normally moves very slow in making changes.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:mark.zel...@zurichna.com