Datacom, the black hole, er, I mean, as c/a states, --> datacom, the black box.

just when I thought I had seen it all, along came datacom.

Bobbie Justice

"Steven Conway" <steven_con...@freddiemac.com> wrote in message news:of573e7652.452ffc97-on852575af.0059d197-852575af.005a1...@freddiemac.com...
Tom, I was in CA Development when the word came down the food chain that
ALL system management products were to be architected to have an
underlying Datacom DB. I stated that customers would hate it, and it would
cause problems.  Since I was a transplanted Sysprog, and not considered a
real developer, I was basically told to sit down and shut up.  Real world
experience meant nothing.
I get no satisfaction in knowing I was more right than I ever wanted to be
on this.

Steve Conway
Lead Systems Programmer
Information Systems & Services Division