Bill -

I just finished migrating six InfoPrint 4000 printers from Bus & Tag
channels to GigE connect. Everything the Operators had before is still
there afterwards, only some of it's in a different format.

The old "IOS0003A INTERVENTION REQUIRED" message is replaced by
"APS6511I (TCPIP) INTERVENTION REQUIRED" and the "set up" message is
slightly different. If you key off of that in automated operations,
you've got some research to do.

The big "gotchas" I encountered all centered around parms being defined
through the online panels for Infoprint Server rather than in the FSS
proc for each printer (Issue Intervention Message and Issue Setup
messages). Other than getting the Network guys to run me some wire, I
had no problems.

Jim Frisbie

NCSECU Dinosaur